Five Important “aha’s” that Change Life
- No matter how much we may fear death we will die someday. We face the fear of death logically by asking ourselves – instead of fearing what I cannot control why not spend the same energy on having the best life possible? As soon as we truly accept that yes we will die someday, we can truly began to live, in peace.
- We are not perfect and we don’t have to be in order to be worthy of love. The people who love us don’t expect us to be perfect. Our goal is to work hard to be a better person today than we were yesterday. That is the healthy and achievable goal.
- Not everyone is at the same level of emotional awareness and empathy. This “aha” allowed us to let go of the idea he/she should have, would, have, could have done better. This “aha” also allowes us to stop beating ourselves up for knowing now what we did not know at the moment we made a mistake.
- Life is only real in the present moment. The past is over the instant we step from then to now. The future is never a real moment in time because the future is the next moment’s present over and over – forever.
- Our mind has a mind of its own which means unless we know what we are thinking and why (the motivation behind our thoughts) we are not connected to the present. Not present in the now means our mind is in charge of us rather than our (soul) being in charge of our mind.